Dairy-free and absolutely delicious, cashew cream based vegan ranch dressing is the answer to your creamy salad dressing cravings!
When you give up dairy, or go vegan or WFPB (whole food, plant-based), leaving behind rich and creamy foods like ranch dressing can be a real challenge, no matter how deep your motivation.
But thanks to cashew cream — my miracle answer to those cravings for things like sour cream, alfredo sauce … and ranch dressing — you and the fam won’t have to neglect your favorite salads, or anything that else ranch dressing tops like a champ.
If you haven’t yet tried cashew cream (and aren’t allergic to tree nuts!), pull up and seat and let me tell you about cashew cream.
Other nuts blend up into heavy, densely flavored nut butters. But cashews … with a little extra water, they blend smooth, light and completely creamy. It’s even white, rather than beige. And unlike nut butters, cashew cream doesn’t taste at all like cashews. It’s somehow savory and fresh and creamy, all at the same time.
And when blended with seasonings like garlic and miso and lots of fresh herbs, you’ll never have to pine for rich ranch dressing ever again, thanks to homemade vegan ranch dressing.
Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Place the raw cashews in a bowl and cover with water; let soak for at least one hour*.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a high speed blender, along 3/4 cup fresh water, and the ingredients through onion powder. Process until creamy and smooth.
- Add the fresh herbs and pulse just to combine. (Don't blend too long, or the herbs will turn the dressing green.)
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for several hours, to let the flavors develop and combine.