An easy and tasty way to get more vegetables into your day, Zucchini Pasta Salad features roasted zucchini, pesto, and olives in a beautiful side dish that everyone will love.
One of things I love most about pasta salads is their open-arms versatility. Pasta salads are so open and accommodating that they’ll accept anything you toss in with them. Cherry tomatoes? Yep. Black beans? Oh, yes.
Zucchini and olives? What! Heck yeah, y’all!
For a special touch, briefly roast the zucchini, season with some tangy red wine vinegar. Then toss everything with super flavorful pesto, and top with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Such a simple pasta salad with the surprise hit of healthy zucchini and herb and cheesy flavors that will make you — and the fam — ever so happy it’s dinner time!
Zucchini Pasta Salad
- 3 medium zucchinis (8 to 10" long) sliced medium-thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces tube pasta (e.g. penne)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-parsley leaves minced
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- Zest from one lemon
- 6-8 pitted castelvetrano olives sliced
- 2 ounces Feta cheese crumbled
- Extra olive oil for loosening
- Toss the zucchini slices in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay slices on parchment lined baking sheet (can be spaced close together), and broil (on low, if it's an option) for 5 to 8 minutes, until lightly golden. Let cool. Add to a mixing bowl, and sprinkle red wine vinegar over the slices.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, and drain.
- Add the pasta to zucchini slices, along with parsley, lemon zest, pesto, and olives. Toss to coat everything. If the pasta salad seems dry, drizzle a little olive oil and toss again. Sprinkle feta cheese over pasta. Serve warm/room temp.